Advantages of KNX intelligent installation Gira are:
✓ Due to the targeted linking of devices and solutions in accordance with the KNX standard, living and working have become more convenient and secure, as well as more energy efficient and economical, you can control all devices via interface (control client on the walls, smart phone, tablet or PC)
✓ Better security of the system, as KNX is an international building control standard that enables the integration and programming of a range of products from many manufacturers using a single software tool
✓ By product certification, KNX guarantees interoperability and interworking
✓ KNX can be used for all applications in home and building control and fit for use within buildings of all types
✓ Since KNX covers such a diversity of applications using one standard, it means that cabling network can be much simpler. KNX controlled devices are generally based around the standard green KNX/EIB bus cable
✓ With a choise for KNX Gira you will gain more security, more comfort and savings of energy efficiency on a long term
✓ Diverse expansion options due to the use of the Gira HomeServer
✓ Unique and modern design of switch ranges
✓ Expandable system with a future-fit standard
✓ Easy operation thanks to user-friendly operating devices for the KNX system
✓ 22 years of experiences internationally and more than 15 years of experiences of reference projects in Slovenija …
KNX smart home Gira is an intelligent system for electrical installation that with automation and remote control makes living safer, flexible and more convenient. Smart home can perform various, automated tasks, which help user to safe on energy as well. The condition for the installation is that the decision for a KNX intelligent installation is already made in the planning phase. Central control of lights, blinds, cooling, heating, security functions against burglary, fire and adverse weather as well as cutting energy consumption to a minimum, are some of the many possibilities of the KNX intelligent system. However the system is controlled via interfaces: smart phone/tablet or touch display on the wall, it can be controlled as well through smart push button sensors. Whether with the push button sensor 3, complex central control units, an iPhone or a laptop, Gira offers a wide variety of devices and software tools for operating the complete range of functions within a KNX system.
- Inteligent home GIRA empowers control of lights individualy by rooms or thought the whole house. The purpose of the control of the lights is the light scenery, which can reach better ambience in the room. The user can remotely from smart phone/tablet turn off centrally lights or other functions. With a central command, all previously selected devices can be switched off, e.g. individual lights, lighting rails and entire circuits. It reassures you that everything is off when you leave the house.
- On the Gira push button sensor 3, each button has two LEDs for status display and can be operated on the left, right and centrally, depending on the setting/variant. In this way, the push button sensor is easy to find in the dark.
- You hear a suspicious noise at night? Don’t fear – the Gira panic switch can be reached. Lightly touch it and the house and garden are flooded with frighteningly bright light.
HVAC – HEATING/VENTILATION/AIR CONDITION
- Well thought-out systems for intelligent building technology are convenient and save energy. One of the largest scopes for potential lies with air-conditioning and heating control with KNX.
- For the convenient and economical single-room temperature control via the Gira KNX system.
- The Gira KNX CO₂ sensor with humidity and room temperature controller monitors temperature, humidity and CO₂ concentration in buildings, and in the KNX system controls measures for maintaining the room climate.
- Within the Gira KNX system, Gira offers various products that analyse and evaluate weather data and then forward these to various actuators. In the next step these control blinds, awnings and motor-operated windows for example in compliance with the weather condition.
- If the Gira KNX system is installed, various functions can be merged in one device. Lights and blind control. Or the ventilation with the blind controller. Simply by programming. Only reprogramming is necessary for subsequent requirements or expansions.
- In the winter system automatically lifts up blinds, whenever outside sun is shining and is warmer and that is why user can save the energy, while the system outsources outside energy.
- Blinds can be also related to weather station Gira and from that reason it can prevent damage from the outside (in case of the hail or storm).
- In the case of absence your smart home switch to central command LOG OFF, what means that all previously selected devices can be switched off, lights, schuko etc.
- Sleep peacefully and go on holiday without care: Gira motion detectors, smoke detectors, etc. provide security.
With Gira KNX system you can remotely check your home through video surveilance etc.
It’s part of the convenience of a modern house when music or radio stations can be heard throughout the building via a music system, and operating units are located in the various rooms with which the sounds can be varied and controlled in a sophisticated manner.
Smart home Gira is connected to the central collection of the music, movies etc., it can be presented through Revox multiroom system and the Revox control unit can be in the same design as all other switches.
The on-board computer for intelligent buildings
The Gira HomeServer is the on-board computer for intelligent buildings. It connects the electrical installation of the KNX system to the computer network and the Internet. Thus it enables the central control of intelligent building technology using a number of operating device, regardless of the location. Moreover, in this way, numerous other technologies such as door intercoms, cameras, and audio systems can be integrated seamlessly in the building control, as can systems from other manufacturers in the bathroom, kitchen, and entertainment fields.
Expanding the KNX system with the Gira HomeServer offers numerous advantages: With it, occupants don’t just enjoy the advantages of mobile technology control, plus the full Gira experience with maximum convenience, security, and energy efficiency.
GIRA unit G1
The multi talent unit for intelligent buildings
Compact, powerful, universal: The new Gira G1 is the intelligent central operating unit for the entire building technology. Whether switching and dimming lights, raising and lowering blinds, or controlling room temperature: All the functions can be conveniently controlled by touching or gesturing on the brilliant multi-touch display with a resolution of 480 × 800 pixels.
The newly developed, intuitive Gira Interface even makes time-controlled programming of automatic functions or creating comprehensive scenes easy. In connection with the DCS-IP-gateway, the Gira G1 can also be used as a home station.
Easy installation, easy handling.
New GIRA server mini X1
See who is at home, switch lights on and off or optimise your home temperature settings, whether at home or on the go. The new Gira X1 enables the visualisation and automation of the family home. Its compact design and top hat rail mounting facilitate rapid and space-saving installation.
The Gira KNX system is an intelligent solution for networking and controlling building technology. Due to the targeted linking of devices and functions in accordance with the KNX standard, both living and working have not only become more convenient and secure, but also more energy-efficient and economical. Operation via the Gira Control 9 KNX or the control devices for the Gira HomeServer is even more convenient. The award-winning interface from Gira is clearly designed and intuitive. Any function can be reached within two levels. With the Gira HomeServer/FacilityServer app, all the building technology can be conveniently operated within a KNX system from any room or while on the move – using a smartphone, tablet or PC.